Albert, Prince Consort, born 1819, died 1861, [1861?]
- Albert, Prince Consort, born 1819, died 1861.
- Great Britain, [1861?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 item : albumen print, card, silk ; photograph 6 x 5 cm, on card 16 x 6 cm, on silk 41 x 7 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPhotographs A no. 7Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- The commemorative work features an oval portrait of Prince Albert, mounted on perforated white card on to which the words "Albert, Prince Consort, born 1819, died 1861" and a small crown are drawn in cross-stitch (with red thread). The card is in turn mounted on the upper half of a strip of pink silk. The work appears to be unique.
- Subject Terms:
- Albert, Prince Consort, consort of Victoria, Queen of Great Britain, 1819-1861 -- Death and burial.Mourning customs -- Great Britain.
- Memorial works.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.