L. Caldesi & Co., Studio portrait of John Ruskin, 1862
- Studio portrait of John Ruskin.
- London, 1862.
- Physical Description:
- 1 carte de visite : albumen print on card mount ; 11 x 7 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPhotographs CdV A2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- A head and shoulders portrait of Ruskin, whose eyes look forward and down (to a point below the camera).
Printed on recto, beneath the photograph: "Ent. Stat. Hall. L. Caldesi & Co."
Printed on verso: "L. Caldesi & Co. at P.D. Colnaghi, Scott & Co. 13, Pall Mall East, London."
Dated 1862 by Dearden.
Dearden, J.S. John Ruskin: a life in pictures, 63
- Subject Terms:
- Ruskin, John, 1819-1900 -- Portraits.
- Memorial works.
Cartes-de-visite (card photographs)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.