Drop dead gorgeous , 
- Drop dead gorgeous : fine bindings for La Prose de Transsibérien re-creation / Kitty Maryatt, curator ; Toby Schwartzburg, co-curator ; Simon Eccles, co-curator
- San Francisco, CA : San Francisco Center for the Book ; 
Berkeley : Autumn Press, 
- Physical Description:
- 109 pages : color illustrations ; 28 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsZ276 D76 2019+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Gift of Neale Albert, Yale JD 1961, and Margaret AlbertAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Exhibit inaugurated at the San Francisco Center for the Book, September 2019."
"This exhibition was inspired by the celebrated binder Paul Bonet, who in 1964, designed an extraordinary binding for a copy of La Prose. My brilliant idea to ask my underwriters (and others) to commission fine bindings for a traveling exhibit was supported enthusiastically by Simon Eccles and Toby Schwartzburg, who are the co-curators of this exhibit "--Introduction, page 7.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in original printed floppy boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Bookbinding -- Exhibitions.Cendrars, Blaise, 1887-1961. Prose du Transsibérien et la petite Jehanne de France -- Bibliography -- Exhibitions.Exhibitions -- California -- San Francisco -- Catalogs.Fine bindings -- Exhibitions.
- Exhibition catalogs.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.