Gillman & Co. (Oxford, England), Studio portrait of a woman looking at an album of cabinet cards, ca. [1890?]
Studio portrait of a woman looking at an album of cabinet cards.
- Oxford, England, ca. [1890?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 cabinet card : albumen print on card mount ; 17 x 11 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPhotographs CC A1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- The posed portrait depicts an unidentified woman in full-length dark dress, seated. The woman looks at an album of cabinet card portraits, placed on a table in front of her.
Printed on mount below photograph: Gillman & Co. artists, etc., Oxford. By special appointment.
Printed on verso: Gillman & Co., portrait & landscape photographers, Oxford. Copies may always be obtained.
- Subject Terms:
- Cabinet photographs.Photograph albums.
- Albumen prints.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.