Monique Lallier : a retrospective.
- First edition.
- New Castle, Delaware : Oak Knoll Press ; Greensboro, North Carolina : Guilford College Art Gallery, 2018.
- Physical Description:
- 117 pages : color illustrations, portraits ; 28 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsZ269.2.L53 M66 2018+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Gift of Neale Albert, Yale JD 1961, and Margaret AlbertView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "Published on the occasion of the exhibition, Monique Lallier: A Retropsective at Guilford College Art Gallery, Greensboro, North Carolina, October 29, 2018-January 6, 2019."
BAC: British Art Center inscribed by artst to Neale and Margaret Albert.
Monique Lallier is known for her creative and thoughtful approaches to the subjects of her binding projects. Her use of unusual materials such as eggshells, pewter, colorful wires, agates, lizard and snake skin -- even her own hair -- and innovative techniques including cutouts, reveals, pop-ups, and moveable parts make her bindings both distinctive and dynamic. Her binding of My Antonia by Willa Cather won a Best Binding award in an international exhibition at the Chicago Public Library in 2006. Her 2016 binding of Pantagruel was awarded a Silver Prize at the International Competition of Designer Bookbinders. Lallier supplies entertaining descriptions of the bindings from the maker's perspective, telling brief stories of projects and processes. Each binding is illustrated with expert color photographs, often from several angles and in various states of openness and closure. The variety of design, material, and technique make for a surprise on every page and an extraordinary collective impression. Exhibition: Guilford College Art Gallery, Greensboro, NC, USA 29.10.2018 - 06.01.2019).
- Subject Terms:
- Fine bindings -- Canada -- Exhibitions.Lallier, Monique -- Exhibitions.
- Exhibition catalogs.
- Greetings and gratitude from Guilford College / Ara Serjoie
- Retrospective / Monique Lallier
- A different view of an artist / Peter Geraty
- Monique Lallier : elegance and innovation / Karen Hanmer
- Selected bindings 1974-2018.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.