The pyed pyper : a passage extracted from A restitution of decayed intelligence in antiquities, by the studie & trauaile of Richard Verstegan ... London : John Norton, 1634 / images by Angela Lemaire.
- Additional Title(s):
Restitution of decayed intelligence, in antiquities. Selections
- Llandogo, Monmouthshire : Old Stile Press, 2002.
- Physical Description:
-  pages : color illustrations ; 34 x 35 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2020 1Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Neale Albert, Yale JD 1961, and Margaret AlbertView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "The text was set in Hiroshige Book type and was printed from polymer plates. Angela Lemaire's images were cut on wood and lino and were printed from the original blocks in a variety of ink colours. The work was completed, during the Summer of 2002, by Nicolas McDowall at The Old Stile Press ... The paper is Fabriano Ingres and the binding was done by The Fine Bindery. ... The edition is limited to 175 copies, each numbered and signed by the artist"--Colophon.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 46 of a limited edition of 175 copies. Signed by the artist.
- Subject Terms:
- Pied Piper of Hamelin (Legendary character) -- Fiction.
- Woodcuts (prints)
Typefaces (Type evidence) -- Hiroshige Book.
YCBA Collections Search
Verstegan, Richard, approximately 1550-1640, The pyed pyper , 2002
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.