Critical reflections on poetry, painting and music. With an inquiry into the rise and progress of the theatrical entertainments of the ancients. Written in French by the Abbé Du Bos ... Translated into English by Thomas Nugent, gent.
- Additional Title(s):
Reflexions critiques sur la poésie et sur la peinture. English
- From the 5th ed. rev., corr., and inlarged by the author ...
- London, Printed for John Nourse, 1748.
- Physical Description:
- 3 v. 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN63 D88 Copy 1View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Vol. 2 has title: Critical reflections on poetry and painting.
The original French ed. was published anonymously, Paris, 1719.
MUS: Purchased from James Burmeister, 1992, with income from the Dragan Plamenac fund.
- Subject Terms:
- Music -- History and criticism.Painting.Plamenac, Dragan, 1895- -- Gift, 1992.Poetry -- History and criticism.Theater -- History.
YCBA Collections Search
Dubos, abbé (Jean-Baptiste), 1670-1742, Critical reflections on poetry, painting and music, 1748
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.