Christie & Manson, Catalogue of ten English pictures, of the highest class , 
- Catalogue of ten English pictures, of the highest class : the property of James Barker, Esq., of Manchester : which will be sold by auction, bt Messrs. Christie and Manson, at their Great Room, 8, King Street, St. James's Square, on Tuesday, July 29, 1851.
- [London] : Printed by W. Clowes and Sons, 
- Physical Description:
- 4 pages ; 24 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 .N4 v. 1 no.25Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Artists included in the sale are Paul Falconer Poole, Edward William Cooke, Thomas Sidney Cooper, William Etty, Alfred Linnell and Thomas Creswick.
Lugt, F. Répertoire des catalogues de ventes publiques, 20461
Date of sale:July 29, 1851.
Place of sale: London.
BAC: British Art Center copy is not annotated but the sum total of sale is noted in ink on page 4. Number 25 of 34 auction catalogs bound together. The volume bound in contemporary quarter roan; with the armorial bookplates of the Earl of Normanton and Rupert Gunnis; with a manuscript index on the volume's catalogs on the front endpapers.
- Subject Terms:
- Agar, James Charles Herbert Welbore Ellis, Earl of Normanton, 1818-1896 -- Bookplate.Art -- Private collections -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Art auctions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Barker, James, active 1851 -- Art collections -- Catalogs.Cooke, Edward William, 1811-1880, artist.Cooper, Thomas Sidney, 1803-1902, artist.Creswick, Thomas, 1811-1869, artist.Etty, William, 1787-1849, artist.Gunnis, Rupert -- Bookplate.Linnell, Alfred, -1887, artist.Painting, British -- Catalogs.Poole, Paul Falconer, 1807-1879, artist.
- Auction catalogs.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.