Studio portrait of a man looking at a carte de visite, ca. [1891?]
Studio portrait of a man looking at a carte de visite.
- Great Britain, ca. [1891?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 photograph : gelatin silver print on card mount ; photograph 17 x 11 cm, on mount 22 x 14 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPhotographs A no. 8Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- The photographer is unidentified.
The posed portrait depicts an unidentified man, standing in front of painted studio backdrop. The man's gaze is directed at a carte de visite photograph in his right hand. The photograph may be a portrait of a woman, perhaps a love interest or family member. In his right hand he holds a hand-written note (or envelope).
Mounted to the verso of the card is a photograph of St. Albans Cathedral (captioned in black ink "St. Albans 1891.")
- Subject Terms:
- Carte de visite photographs.St. Albans Cathedral.
- Gelatin silver prints.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.