Christie & Manson, Catalogue of a choice collection of engravings and a few books of prints , 
- Catalogue of a choice collection of engravings and a few books of prints : the property of an amateur : including an extensive series of the works of Sir J. Reynolds--many of them proofs, and some rare private plates : which will be sold by auction, by Messrs. Christie and Manson, 8, King Street, St. James's Square, on Monday, July 11, 1853, at one o'clock precisely.
- [London] : Printed by W. Clowes and Sons, 
- Physical Description:
- 13,  pages ; 24 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8644 .N4 v.1 no.27Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Date of sale: July 11, 1853.
Place of sale: London.
BAC: British Art Center copy is not annotated. Number 27 of 34 auctions catalogs bound together. The volume bound in contemporary quarter roan; with the armorial bookplates of the Earl of Normanton and Rupert Gunnis; with a manuscript index on the volumes's catalogs on the front end papers.
- Subject Terms:
- Agar, James Charles Herbert Welbore Ellis, Earl of Normanton, 1818-1896 -- Bookplate.Art -- Private collections -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Art auctions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Decorative arts -- Catalogs.Engraving -- Catalogs.Gunnis, Rupert -- Bookplate.Prints, British -- Catalogs.Prints, European -- Catalogs.Reynolds, Joshua, Sir, 1723-1792, artist.
- Auction catalogs.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.