A catalogue of a collection of pictures, the works of first-class living artists : particularly Dumblane Cathedral, by D. Roberts, R.A. : View on the Scheldt, by E. Cooke, A.R.A. : Two other works, by the same Master : Falstaff and Pistol, by A. Egg, A.R.A. : A pair of river views, by F. Lee, R.A. : Summer Noon ... by S. Cooper, A.R.A. ... : The Thistle, by Frank Stone : The Lattice, by W. Etty, R.A. : specimens of J. D. Harding, F. Stone, E.W. Cooke, T. Faed Groonland, F. Danby, D. Roberts, Sir A. Calcott, F.R. Le, T.S. Cooper, A.L. Egg, W. Etty : which will be sold by auction, by Messrs. Foster and Son, at the Galery, 54, Pall Mall, on Thursday, the 15th of February, 1855 (after the sale of Mr. Birch's Pictures, at three o'clock in the afternoon)
- Additional Title(s):
At head of title: Pall Mall. English pictures.
- London : Printed by Richard Clay, 1855.
- Physical Description:
- 21-30 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 .N4 v. 1 no. 30Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Date of sale: February 15, 1855.
Place of sale: London
BAC: British Art Center copy is not annotated. Number 30 of 34 auctions catalogs bound together. The volume bound in contemporary quarter roan; with the armorial bookplates of the Earl of Normanton and Rupert Gunnis; with a manuscript index on the volumes's catalogs on the front end papers. Paged continuously with Catalogue of a collection of twenty English pictures, .., at two o'clock in the afternoon. [N8640.N4 no. 1 v. 31]
- Subject Terms:
- Agar, James Charles Herbert Welbore Ellis, Earl of Normanton, 1818-1896 -- Bookplate.Art -- Private collections -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Art auctions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Callcott, Augustus Wall, 1779-1844, artist.Cooke, Edward William, 1811-1880, artist.Cooper, Samuel, 1609-1672, artist.Cooper, Thomas Sidney, 1803-1902, artist.Danby, Francis, 1793-1861, artist.Egg, Augustus Leopold, 1816-1863, artist.Etty, William, 1787-1849, artist.Faed, Thomas, 1825-1900, artist.Groonland,Gunnis, Rupert -- Bookplate.Harding, James Duffield, 1798-1863, artist.Lee, Frederick Richard, 1798-1879Painting, British -- Catalogs.Roberts, David, 1796-1864, artist.
- Auction catalogs.
YCBA Collections Search
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Foster and Son (London, England), A catalogue of a collection of pictures, the works of first-class living artists , 1855
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.