Christie, Manson & Woods, Catalogue of a fine and valuable collection of ancient & modern pictures , 
- Catalogue of a fine and valuable collection of ancient & modern pictures : being part of the property of Messrs. Henry Graves & Co., 6, Pall Mall, which escaped destruction when their galleries were consumed by the disastrous fire at Her Majesty's Theatre, on the night of the 6th of December, 1867 : which will be sold by auction, by Messrs. Christie, Manson & Woods, at their Great Rooms, 8, King Street, St. James's Square, on Saturday, March 7, 1868, at one o'clock precisely.
- London : [Printed by W. Clowes & Sons], 
- Physical Description:
- 20 pages ; 23 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 .N4 v. 3 no.5Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Related Content:
- Works by Sir Edwin Landseer, Carlo Dolce, Sir Peter Lely, William Hogarth, Titian, Thomas Daniell, Zucchero, Benjamin West, Sir Godfrey Kneller, Sir Thomas Lawrence, A. Carracci, John Martin, Old Crome, Caneletto, David Teniers, John Opie, David Cox and Teniers among others.
Lugt, F. Répertoire des catalogues de ventes publiques, 30296
Date of sale: March 7, 1868.
Place of sale: London.
BAC: British Art Center copy is not annotated. Number 5 of 36 auctions catalogs bound together. The volume bound in contemporary quarter roan; with the armorial bookplates of the Earl of Normanton; with a manuscript index on the volumes' catalogs on the front endpapers.
- Subject Terms:
- Agar, James Charles Herbert Welbore Ellis, Earl of Normanton, 1818-1896 -- Bookplate.Art -- Private collections -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Art auctions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Bellotto, Bernardo, 1722-1780, artist.Carracci, Agostino, 1557-1602, artist.Cox, David, 1783-1859, artist.Crome, John, 1768-1821, artist.Daniell, Thomas, 1749-1840, artist.Dolci, Carlo, 1616-1686, artist.Henry Graves & Co. -- Art collections -- Catalogs.Hogarth, William, 1697-1764, artist.Kneller, Godfrey, Sir, 1646-1723, artist.Landseer, Edwin, Sir, 1802-1873, artist.Lawrence, Thomas, Sir, 1769-1830, artist.Lely, Peter, 1618-1680, artist.Martin, John, 1595 or 1596-1659, artist.Opie, John, 1761-1807, artist.Painting, British -- Catalogs.Painting, European -- Catalogs.Teniers, David, 1610-1690, artist.Titian, approximately 1488-1576, artist.West, Benjamin, 1738-1820, artist.Zuccaro, Federico, approximately 1540-1609, artist.
- Auction catalogs.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.