Christie, Manson & Woods, Catalogue of a large and valuable assemblage of ancient & modern pictures, including the choice collection of the late Thomas Haigh, Esq., of Liverpool , 
- Catalogue of a large and valuable assemblage of ancient & modern pictures, including the choice collection of the late Thomas Haigh, Esq., of Liverpool : twenty capital pictures from the collection of a nobleman : the pictures from the Belvidere collection : several pictures from the collection of the late Sir Digby Neave, Bart. : the collection of pictures of Mr. Constantine de Rumine, of St. Petersburgh : and the celebrated picture of "The toilet of the Bride" by Sir David Wilkie, R.A., painted for the late Mr. Arthaber, of Vienna : which will be sold by auction, by Messrs. Christie, Manson & Woods, at their Great Rooms, 8, King Street, St. James's Square, on Saturday, June 6 and Monday, June 8, 1868, at one o'clock precisely.
- [London] : [Printed by W. Clowes & Sons], 
- Physical Description:
- 31,  pages ; 23 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 .N4 v. 3 no. 8Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Lugt, F. Répertoire des catalogues de ventes publiques, 30602
Date of sale: June 6-8, 1868.
Place of sale: London.
BAC: British Art Center copy is annotated with sale prices for some lots. Number 8 of 36 auctions catalogs bound together. The volume bound in contemporary quarter roan; with the armorial bookplates of the Earl of Normanton; with a manuscript index on the volumes' catalogs on the front endpapers.
- Subject Terms:
- Agar, James Charles Herbert Welbore Ellis, Earl of Normanton, 1818-1896 -- Bookplate.Art -- Private collections -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Art -- Private collections.Art auctions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Haigh, Thomas, approximately -1868 -- Art collections -- Catalogs.Neave, Digby -- Art collections -- Catalogs.Painting, British -- Catalogs.Painting, European -- Catalogs.Rumine, Constantine de -- Art collections -- Catalogs.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.