- [Amsterdam] : Gedruckt by Gerard Valck ..., [ca. 1686?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 map : hand colored ; 56.5 x 94 cm, on sheet 62 x 98 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio C 2015 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Printed from two plates (sheets joined at 30° longitude).
Relief shown pictorially.
"Cum privilegio ordinum Hollandiae et Westfrisiae."
Koeman, C. Atlantes Neerlandici, v. III, p. 138, no. 32
Fairman, E. "'Wherin all trauailers may vnderstand how to direct their voyages': Maps and Atlases at the Yale Center for British Art from the Bequest of Paul Mellon." In Yale University Library Gazette, 75 (2001), page 124
Appears in Atlas minor sive geographia compendiosa, published by Nicolaes Visscher (1649-1702) and his widow in various editions from ca. 1683 to ca. 1716.
BAC: British Art Center copy is bound as map 5 in part 1 of a composite atlas issued by Nicolaes Visscher with title: Atlas minor, sive, Geographia compendiosa, ca. 1716 (Folio C 2015 1) (the numbering written in black ink at top right). Hand-colored, with use of gold in the neat line and the outline of Europe.
- Subject Terms:
- Europe -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.