Le Muet, Pierre, 1591-1669, The art of fair building, 1675
- The art of fair building represented in the figures of several uprights of houses, with their ground-plots fitting for persons of all qualities ... By Pierre Le Muet ...
- Alternate Title(s):
- Manière de bastir pour touttes sortes de personnes. English.
- Reviewed and augmented, in this second edition, with many figures of the choicest buildings and edifices ... Published by Robert Pricke ...
- London, Printed for Robert Pricke, 1675.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. in 1. 81 plates (part. fold., incl. plans) 41 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A N 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC : Advertisements:  p. at end of vol. 1.
BAC : Title vignettes; head- and tail-pieces; initials.
BAC : Imperfect: plate 46 closely trimmed at foot, with loss of plate number; plate 35 wanting.
BAC : Cancelled t.-p.
BAC : Signatures: A̲²(±A1)B-I²K̲²(-K̲2).
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- France -- Early works to 1800.Architecture, Domestic -- France -- Early works to 1800.Building -- France -- Early works to 1800.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.