Phillips, Mr., A catalogue of a valuable collection of decorative property , 1871
- A catalogue of a valuable collection of decorative property : including old Oriental, Sevres, Chelsea, Wedgwood, and other china : fine bronzes and antique marbles : cinque cento ivories : old French marble groups and busts : Oriental alabaster, Sicilian Jasper, and other pedestals : cinque cento, Italian, and other models in terra cotta and wood : old French mantel clocks : Candelabra, torchieres, and other lights ... : beautiful Old English & Louis XVI. furniture ... : the property of a gentleman : which will be sold by auction, by Mr. Phillips at his Great Rooms, 73, New Bond Street, on Wednesday, the 17th of May, 1871, and following days, at one o'clock precisely each day.
- [London] : Dryden Press : J. Davy and Sons, 1871.
- Physical Description:
- 18 pages ; 23 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 .N4 v. 3 no.22Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Lugt, F. Répertoire des catalogues de ventes publiques, 32478
Date of sale:May 17-19, 1871.
Place of sale: London.
BAC: British Art Center copy is not annotated. Number 22 of 36 auctions catalogs bound together. The volume bound in contemporary quarter roan; with the armorial bookplates of the Earl of Normanton; with a manuscript index on the volumes' catalogs on the front endpapers.
- Subject Terms:
- Agar, James Charles Herbert Welbore Ellis, Earl of Normanton, 1818-1896 -- Bookplate.Art -- Private collections -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Art auctions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Decorative arts -- Catalogs.Furniture -- Catalogs.Furniture -- Catalogs.Porcelains -- Catalogs.
- Auction catalogs.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.