Christie, Manson & Woods, Catalogue of a valuable assemblage of old sevres and chelsea porcelain and other decorative objects, from different collections , 1871
- Catalogue of a valuable assemblage of old sevres and chelsea porcelain and other decorative objects, from different collections : comprising a beautiful old chelsea dessert service, a fine old chelsea vase, a pair of old sevres biscuit figures of bathers, after Falconnet, of unusual size, a set of three old sevres vases, jardinieres ... : also, the collection of choice porcelain and bronzes of the late E. Girling, Esq. : which will be sold by auction, by Messrs. Christie, Manson & Woods, at their Great Rooms, 8, King Street, St. James's Square, on Friday, June 16, 1871, at one o'clock precisely.
- London : Printed by W. Clowes & Sons, 1871.
- Physical Description:
- 12 pages ; 23 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 .N4 v. 3 no. 26Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Lugt, F. Répertoire des catalogues de ventes publiques, 32536
Date of sale: June 16, 1871.
Place of sale: London.
BAC: British Art Center copy is annotated with sale prices for some lots. Number 26 of 36 auctions catalogs bound together. The volume bound in contemporary quarter roan; with the armorial bookplates of the Earl of Normanton; with a manuscript index on the volumes' catalogs on the front endpapers.
- Subject Terms:
- Agar, James Charles Herbert Welbore Ellis, Earl of Normanton, 1818-1896 -- Bookplate.Art -- Private collections -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Art auctions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Decorative arts -- Catalogs.Girling, E. -- Art collections -- Catalogs.Porcelain -- Catalogs.
- Auction catalogs.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.