Phillips, Mr., A catalogue of an interesting collection of pottery and porcelain, formed by Matthew Marshall, of Tiverton, Devon , 
- A catalogue of an interesting collection of pottery and porcelain, formed by Matthew Marshall, of Tiverton, Devon : consisting of early English pottery, from the Fabriques of Staffordshire, including Wedgwood, Wedgwood & Bentley ... : English china of Plymouth and Bristol ... : foreign china : a small collection of Chinese objects, and a few paintings : which will be sold by auction, without reserve, by Mr. Phillips at his Great Rooms, 73, New Bond Street, on Monday, the 26th day of June, 1871, and following day, at one o'clock precisely each day.
- [London] : [Dryden Press : J Davy & Sons], 
- Physical Description:
- 24 pages ; 23 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 .N4 v. 3 no.29Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Lugt, F. Répertoire des catalogues de ventes publiques, 3255
Date of sale: June 26-27, 1871.
Place of sale: London.
BAC: British Art Center copy is not annotated. Number 29 of 36 auctions catalogs bound together. The volume bound in contemporary quarter roan; with the armorial bookplates of the Earl of Normanton; with a manuscript index on the volumes' catalogs on the front endpapers.
- Subject Terms:
- Agar, James Charles Herbert Welbore Ellis, Earl of Normanton, 1818-1896 -- Bookplate.Art -- Private collections -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Art auctions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Decorative arts -- Catalogs.Marshall, Matthew, active 1871 -- Art collections -- Catalogs.Painting, British -- Catalogs.Porcelain -- Catalogs.Pottery -- Catalogs.Pottery, English -- Catalogs.Wedgwood ware -- Catalogs
- Auction catalogs.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.