Catalogue of a valuable assemblage of decorative objects, including the greater portion of the collection of John Bidwell, Esq., sold in consequence of his retirement from the foreign office : also, some fine oriental jars, clocks, &c., the property of a lady of rank : and a small collection of choice porcelain, including three very fine old Sèvres vases, etc. etc. : which will be sold by auction, by Messrs. Christie, Manson & Woods, at their Great Rooms, 8, King Street, St. James's Square, on Friday, February 23, 1872, at one o'clock precisely.
- [London] : [Printed by William Clowes & Sons], 
- Physical Description:
- 16 pages,  leaf of plates : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 .N4 v. 3 no. 35Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Related Content:
- Lithography printed by Fargues & Co.
Date of sale: Feb. 23, 1872.
Place of sale: London.
BAC: British Art Center copy is not annotated. Number 35 of 36 auctions catalogs bound together. The volume bound in contemporary quarter roan; with the armorial bookplates of the Earl of Normanton; with a manuscript index on the volumes' catalogs on the front endpapers.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Private collections -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Art -- Private collections.Art auctions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Bidwell, John, 1825-1873 -- Art collections -- Catalogs.Decorative arts -- Catalogs.Porcelain -- Catalogs.
- Auction catalogues.
Lithographs -- 1872.
YCBA Collections Search
Christie, Manson & Woods, Catalogue of a valuable assemblage of decorative objects, including the greater portion of the collection of John Bidwell, Esq., sold in consequence of his retirement from the foreign office , 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.