An account of six years residence in Hudson's-Bay from 1733 to 1736, and 1744 to 1747 / by Joseph Robson, late suveyor and supervisor of the buildings to the Hudson's-Bay Company ...
- London : Printed for J. Payne and J. Bouquet in Pater-Noster-Row : Mr. Kincaid, at Edinburgh : Mr Barry, at Glasgow : and Mr. J. Smith, at Dublin, MDCCLII 
- Physical Description:
- , vi, 84, 95,  pages,  folded leaves of plates : illustrations, maps ; 22 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsF1060.7 .R63 1752Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Containing a variety of facts, observations, and discoveries tending to shew, I. The vast importance of the countries about Hudson's-Bay to Great-Britain, on account of the extensive improvements that may be made there in many beneficial articles of commerce, particularly in the furs and in the whale and seal fisheries, and, II. The interested views of the Hudson's Bay Company, and the absolute necessity of laying open the trade, and making it the object of national encouragement, as the only method of keeping it out of the hands of the French ; to which is added an appendix ... ; the whole illustrated, by a draught of Nelson and Hayes's Rivers, a draught of Churchill-River, and plans of York-Fort, and Prince of Wales's Fort."--Continuation of title page.
Signatures: [pi]² a⁴(-a4) B-F⁸ G², ²a⁸ b-f⁸.
BAC: British Art Center copy imperfect: lacks 2 maps; has 'A draught of Churchill River' only (frontispiece). Bound in contemporary brown speckled calf; rebacked. Armorial bookplates: Robert Shafto of Benwell Esqr.; William Adair Esq.
- Subject Terms:
- Adair, William -- Bookplate.Churchill River (Sask. and Man.) -- Early works to 1800.Hudson Bay -- Discovery and exploration -- Early works to 1800.Hudson's Bay Company -- Early works to 1800.Nelson River (Man.) -- Early works to 1800.Northwest, Canadian -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.Northwest, Canadian -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.Northwest, Canadian -- History -- Early works to 1800.Shafto, Robert -- Bookplate.
- Engravings -- 1752.
YCBA Collections Search
Robson, Joseph, An account of six years residence in Hudson's-Bay from 1733 to 1736, and 1744 to 1747 , MDCCLII 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.