California and its resources : a work for the merchant, the capitalist, and the emigrant / by Ernest Seyd.
- London : Trübner & Co., 60, Paternoster Row, 1858.
- Physical Description:
- , 168,  p.,  leaves of plates ( folded) : ill., map ; 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsHC107.C2 S49 1858Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Wood engravings by Edward Voullaire Campbell.
Tinted lithographs by Robert C. Hulme, printed by Edward Lewis & G. Böhm.
Printed by J. & W. Rider, Bartholomew Close.
Advertisements,  p. at end.
Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 662
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in large pebble-grained black cloth, blind-blocked border front and back, blocked in gilt on front: California (emblem) and its resources. Yellow endpaper. Binder's ticket: Bound by Westleys. & Co., London.
- Subject Terms:
- California -- Description and travel.California -- Economic conditions.Edward Lewis & G. Böhm -- Printer.Rider, J. -- Printer.Rider, W. -- Printer.Trübner & Co. -- Publisher.
- Wood engravings -- 1858.
Lithographs -- 1858.
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1858.
Engravings -- 1858.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.