The present state of the European settlements on the Missisippi : with a geographical description of that river / illustrated by plans and draughts by Captain Philip Pittman.
- Additional Title(s):
Present state of the European settlements on the Mississippi
- London : Printed for J. Nourse, bookseller to His Majesty, MDCCLXX 
- Physical Description:
- viii, 99,  pages,  leaves of plates (7 folded) : maps, plans ; 28 cm (4to)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsF352 .P58 1770+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Engravings by Thomas Kitchin.
Signatures: [A]⁴ B-N⁴ O².
Sabin, J. Dictionary of books relating to America from its discovery to the present time, 63103
English short title catalogue, T105647
Howes, W. U.S.iana, 1650-1950 (1962 edition), P397.
Plates 1-3, bound between p. viiii and p. : A draught of the River Missisippi [sic] from the Balise up to Fort Charter -- between p. 10-11, A plan of New Orleans -- between p. 14-15, A plan of Mobile -- between 26-27, Draught of the R. Ibbeville -- between p. 39-40, Plan of Fort Rosalia -- between p. 42 and 43, A plan of Cascaskies.
BEIN: Copy 2 imperfect: half-title wanting.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary blue paper wrapper.
- Subject Terms:
- Mississippi River -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.Mississippi River Valley -- History -- To 1803.
- Engravings -- 1770.
YCBA Collections Search
Pittman, Philip, active 1760-1770, The present state of the European settlements on the Missisippi , MDCCLXX 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.