Historical and descriptive essays accompanying a series of engraved specimens of the architectural antiquities of Normandy. Ed. by John Britton ... the subjects measured and drawn by Augustus Pugin, architect ... and engraved by John and Henry Le Keux.
- London, Printed for M.A. Nattali, 1847.
- Physical Description:
- 3 p.., [v]-viii, xx, 40, 4 p. 73 plates (2 col., 6 double) incl. plans. 31 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA425 B7 1847+ OversizeView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- BAC : Plates published by J. Britton; printed by McQueen, Hayward, and Barnett & Co. Text printed by J.S. Crossley, Leicester.
BAC : Plates engraved by J. Le Keux, and H. Le Keux; after A. Pugin, G.B.Moore, F. Arundale, G.W. Shaw, J. Willis, T.T. Bury, B.Ferrey, and J. Kearnan.
Added t.-p. engr.: Pugin and Le Keux's Specimens of the architectural antiquities of Normandy ... dated 1827.
Dedication dated 1828; originally published in that year, when plates and text were issued separately.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- France -- Normandy.Architecture, Norman.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Britton, John, 1771-1857, Historical and descriptive essays, 1847
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.