Britton, John, 1771-1857, Historical and descriptive essays, 1847
- Historical and descriptive essays accompanying a series of engraved specimens of the architectural antiquities of Normandy. Ed. by John Britton ... the subjects measured and drawn by Augustus Pugin, architect ... and engraved by John and Henry Le Keux.
- London, Printed for M.A. Nattali, 1847.
- Physical Description:
- 3 p.., [v]-viii, xx, 40, 4 p. 73 plates (2 col., 6 double) incl. plans. 31 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA425 B7 1847+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- BAC : Plates published by J. Britton; printed by McQueen, Hayward, and Barnett & Co. Text printed by J.S. Crossley, Leicester.
BAC : Plates engraved by J. Le Keux, and H. Le Keux; after A. Pugin, G.B.Moore, F. Arundale, G.W. Shaw, J. Willis, T.T. Bury, B.Ferrey, and J. Kearnan.
Added t.-p. engr.: Pugin and Le Keux's Specimens of the architectural antiquities of Normandy ... dated 1827.
Dedication dated 1828; originally published in that year, when plates and text were issued separately.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- France -- Normandy.Architecture, Norman.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.