Seven years' residence in the great deserts of North America / by the abbé Em. Domenech, Apostolical Missionary, Canon of Montpellier, member of the Pontifical Academy Tiberina, and of the Geographical and Ethnographical Societies of France, &c. ; illustrated with fifty-eight woodcuts by A. Joliet, three plates of ancient Indian music, and a map showing the actual situation of the Indian tribes and the country described by the author ; in two volumes.
- London : Longman, Green, Longman, and Roberts, 1860.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : ill., map, music ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsF593 .D653 1860Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Tinted wood-engravings (one or two tints), some with tinted margins. Wood engravings by Auguste Joliet.
Printed by Spottiswoode and Co., New Street Square.
French translation issued in 1862: Voyage pittoresque dans les grands déserts du nouveau monde.
Abbey, J.R. Travel, 664
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in gilt-stamped tree calf; marbled edges; rebacked.
- Subject Terms:
- Deserts.Indians of North America -- West (U.S.)Longman, Green, Longman, and Roberts -- Publisher.Spottiswoode and Co. -- Printer.West (U.S.) -- Description and travel.
- Wood engravings -- 1860.
Wood engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1860.
YCBA Collections Search
Domenech, Emmanuel, 1826-1903, Seven years' residence in the great deserts of North America , 1860
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.