Banvard, John, 1815-1891, Description of Banvard's panorama of the Mississippi River , 1847
- Description of Banvard's panorama of the Mississippi River : painted on three miles of canvas : exhibiting a view of country 1200 miles in length, extending from the mouth of the Missouri River to the city of New Orleans : being by far the largest picture ever executed by man.
- Boston : John Putnam, printer, No. 81, Cornhill, 1847.
- Physical Description:
- 48 pages ; 23 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsF353 .B36 1847Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Sabin, 3223
BEIN: Original wrappers.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in later quarter brown morocco and light grey boards. Ex libris Brent Gration-Maxfield.
- Tribute to native talent -- Adventures of the artist -- Mississippi River -- The panorama -- Life on the Mississippi -- Testimonials.
- Subject Terms:
- Flaudrau, Matilda Ann -- Name.Gration-Maxfield, Brent -- Provenance.Mississippi River -- Description and travel.Panoramas.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.