A journey from Prince of Wales's Fort in Hudson's Bay, to the Northern Ocean. Undertaken by order of the Hudson's Bay Company, for the discovery of copper mines, a northwest passage, &c., in the years 1769, 1770, 1771, & 1772. By Samuel Hearne.
- London, A. Strahan and T. Cadell, 1795.
- Physical Description:
- xliv, 458,  p. 4 fold. plates, 5 fold. maps (incl. front.) 31 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsIn Process F1060.7.H41 J68 1795+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BAC: British Art Center copy: Quarto. Large paper copy, comtemporary black paper. Original boards; untrimmed. Folding plates, folding maps. Spine height: 13 inches (paper label, black ink: A JOURNEY TO THE NORTHERN OCEAN/ HEARNE/1795). In blue cloth slip-case, ht: 13 5/8 inches (black leather label: A JOURNEY TO THE NORTHERN OCEAN/HEARNE/ORIGINAL BOARDS/LONDON 1795). Ex-Libris: Hopetoun.
- Subject Terms:
- Indians of North America -- Northwest, Canadian.Natural history -- Northwest, Canadian.Northwest Passage.Northwest, Canadian -- Description and travel.
YCBA Collections Search
Hearne, Samuel, 1745-1792, A journey from Prince of Wales's Fort in Hudson's Bay, to the Northern Ocean, 1795
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.