Piercy, Frederick Hawkins, 1830-1891, Route from Liverpool to Great Salt Lake valley , MDCCCLV 
- Route from Liverpool to Great Salt Lake valley / illustrated with steel engravings and wood cuts from sketches made by Frederick Piercy ; including views of Nauvoo and the ruins of the temple, with a historical account of the city ; views of Carthage jail ; and portraits and memoirs of Joseph and Hyrum Smith ; their mother, Lucy Smith ; Joseph and David Smith, sons of the prophet Joseph ; president Brigham Young ; Heber C. Kimball ; Willard Richards ; Jedidiah M. Grant ; John Taylor ; the late chief patriarch, Father John Smith ; and the present chief patriarch, John Smith, son of Hyrum ; together with a geographical and historical description of Utah, and a map of the overland routes to that territory from the Missouri River ; also an authentic history of the Latter-Day Saints' emigration from Europe from the commencement up to the close of 1855, with statistics ; edited by James Linforth.
- Liverpool : Published by Franklin D. Richards, 36, Islington ; London : Latter-Day Saints' Book Depot, 35, Jewin Street, City, MDCCCLV 
Liverpool : Printed by J. Sadler, 1, Moorfields
- Physical Description:
- viii, 120 pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 32 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsE166 .P54 1855+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Related Content:
- View a selection of digital images in the Beinecke Library's Digital Images Online database
- Printer's statement from title page verso.
Text printed in two columns.
Steel engravings by C. Fenn; after Franklin Piercy.
BEIN Zc10 +855pi Copy 2: In 15 parts with original wrappers.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary half calf and black cloth.
- Subject Terms:
- Latter-Day Saints' Book Depot -- Publisher.Mormon Church.Mormon Pioneer National Historic Trail.Mormon pioneers -- Emigration and immigration.Mormons.Piercy, Frederick Hawkins, 1830-1891 -- Travel -- West (U.S.)Sadler, J. -- Printer.United States -- Description and travel.United States -- Emigration and immigration.United States -- Emigration and immigration.Utah -- Description and travel.
- Steel engravings -- 1855.
Wood engravings -- 1855.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.