... The builder's practical director, or Buildings for all classes, enabling every freeholder to be his own surveyor and builder; containing plans, sections and elevations for the erection of cottages, villas, farm buildings, dispensaries, public schools, &c., with detailed estimates, quantities, prices, &c. ...
- Leipzig and Dresden, A.H. Payne; [1850?]
London, J. Hagger [1850?]
- Physical Description:
- iv, 264,  p. illus., 132 (i.e. 134) plates (partly col. incl. plans) diagrs. 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA2520 B858+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC : Plates lithographed by A.H. Payne; after T. Smith, S. Brookes, W. Gardner, Gardner & Son, E.L. Tarbuck, and B.F. Isherwood.
BAC : A different edition from that catalogued by Sterling Memorial Library. Many plates differ in detail, and much of the text is in two different settings of type. The British Art Center copy appears to be the earlier edition.
Title within architectural border.
A table for 1849 is given on p. 150.
There are 2 plates numbered 18, and one extra plate between plates 85 and 86.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Building -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.