The discovery of the North-west Passage / by H.M.S. "Investigator." Capt. R. M'Clure, 1850, 1851, 1852, 1853, 1854 ; edited by Commander Sherard Osborn, from the logs and journals of Capt. Robert Le M. M'Clure ; illustrated by Commander S. Guerney Cresswell.
- London : Longman, Brown, Green, Longmans, and Roberts, 1856.
- Physical Description:
- xix, 405,  p.,  leaves of plates (some fold.) : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsG665.1850 C63Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Narrative of Commander Maguire, wintering at Point Barrow": p. 351-405.
Abbey, J.R. Travel 647.
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy.
Printed by Spottiswoode & Co., New-Street-Square.
Illustrations by L.G. Cresswell. Printed by Hullmandel & Walton.
- Subject Terms:
- Hullmandel & Walton -- Printer.Investigator (Ship)Longman, Brown, Green, Longmans, and Roberts -- Publisher.Northwest Passage.Spottiswoode & Co. -- Printer.
- Lithotints -- Specimen -- 1856.
YCBA Collections Search
McClure, Robert John Le Mesurier, Sir, 1807-1873, The discovery of the North-west Passage , 1856
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.