Arctic searching expedition : a journal of a boat-voyage through Rupert's Land and the Arctic Sea, in search of the discovery ships under command of Sir John Franklin : with an appendix on the physical geography of North America / by Sir John Richardson, C.B., F.R.S., inspector of Naval Hospitals and Fleets, etc. etc. etc. ; in two volumes.
- London : Longman, Brown, Green, and Longmans, 1851.
London : Spottiswoodes and Shaw, New-Street-Square.
- Physical Description:
- 2 volumes : illustrations, maps ; 23 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsG665 .1848 R53Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Tinted lithographs by M. & N. Hanhart, and Ford & George; after Alexander Hunter Murray.
Includes wood-engraved illustrations.
"Vocabularies of North America": volume II, p. 363-402.
"On the Eskimos or Inuit": volume 1, p. 339-376; "On the Kutchin or Loucheux": page 377-413; "Of the Tinne or Chepewyans": volume 2, p. 1-32; "Eythinyuwuk, or Crees and Chippeways": page 33-60; "Vocabularies of North America": page 363-402.
Printer's statement from title page verso.
Sabin, J. Dictionary of books relating to America from its discovery to the present time, 71025
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original dark brown cloth. Includes publisher's advertisements, 32 pages at end and pasted on inside front and back covers. Binder's ticket: Bound by Westleys & Co., Friar Street, London.
- Subject Terms:
- Arctic regions.Canada, Northern -- Description and travel.Franklin, John, 1786-1847.Indians of North America.Northwest, Canadian.Physical geography -- North America.Voyages and travels.
- Lithographs -- 1851.
Wood engravings -- 1851.
YCBA Collections Search
Richardson, John, Sir, 1787-1865, Arctic searching expedition , 1851
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.