Narrative of a second expedition to the shores of the Polar Sea, in the years 1825, 1826, and 1827 / by John Franklin ... ; including an account of the progress of a detachment to the eastward, by John Richardson ... ; illustrated by numberous plates and maps.
- Additional Title(s):
Franklin's second journey to the Polar Sea
Second journey to the Polar Sea
- London : John Murray, Albemarle-Street, 1828.
- Physical Description:
- xxiv, [xxi]-xxiv, 320, clvii,  p., 31,  leaves of plates (some folded) : ill., maps ; 28 cm.
- Unable to reach service. Holdings currently not available
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Spine title, on publisher's printed label: Franklin's second journey to the Polar Sea. Thirty seven plates. £4 : 4s.
Engravings by Edward Francis Finden; after George Back and Edward Nicholas Kendall.
Maps engraved by John Walker and J. & C. Walker.
Printed by William Clowes, Stamford-Street.
Sabin, J. Dictionary of books relating to America from its discovery to the present time, 25628
Prideaux, S.T. Aquatint engraving, p. 336
National Maritime Museum, v. 1, 843
Appendix I. Topographical and geological notices, by John Richardson. II. Meteorological tables, arranged from the registers kept at Fort Franklin by the officers of the expedition, at different temperatures, by Lieutenant E. N. Kendall. V. Latitude, longitude, and magnetic variatinos. VI. Observations relative to the daily variation of the horizontal magnetic needle. On the aurora borealis.
Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 635
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in original brown moiré cloth, with publisher's printed spine label.
- Subject Terms:
- Arctic regions -- Discovery and exploration -- British.Clowes, William -- Printer.Engraving, Colored -- Specimens -- 1828.Murray, Johnn -- Publisher.Natural history -- Arctic regions.Northwest, Canadian -- Description and travel.Northwest, Canadian -- discovery and exploration -- British.Scientific expeditions -- Arctic regions.Stipple engraving -- Specimens -- 1828.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1828.
YCBA Collections Search
Franklin, John, 1786-1847, Narrative of a second expedition to the shores of the Polar Sea, in the years 1825, 1826, and 1827 , 1828
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.