Wanderings of an artist among the Indians of North America : from Canada to Vancouver's Island and Oregon, through the Hudson's Bay company's territory and back again / by Paul Kane.
- London : Longman, Brown, Green, Longmans, and Roberts, 1859.
- Physical Description:
- xvii, , 455,  p.,  leaves of plate ( folded) : ill., map, ports. ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsF1060.8 .K3 1859Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Related Content:
- View a selection of digital images in the Beinecke Library's Digital Images Online database
- Chromolithographs drawn by Paul Kane; lithographed by Vincent Brooks.
Map engraved by Edward Weller.
Printed by Spottiswoode and Co., New-Street Square.
Abbey, J.R. Travel, 663
"Census of Indian tribes inhabiting the North-west coast of America":  p. at end.
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in gilt stamped polished calf, with marbled edges; marbled end-papers. Inscribed: Oswin C. B. Cresswell with the best wishes of his friend Charles William Herbert Kenrick on leaving Eton election 1863.
- Subject Terms:
- Cresswell, Oswin C. B. -- Pres. insc. to Charles William Herbert Kenrick, 1863.Indians of North America.Kenrick, Charles William Herbert -- Pres. insc. from Oswin C. B. Cresswell, 1863.Longman, Brown, Green, Longmans, and Roberts -- Publisher.Northwest, Canadian -- Description and travel.Spottiswoode and Co. -- Printer.
- Chromolithographs -- 1859.
Wood engravings -- 1859.
YCBA Collections Search
Kane, Paul, 1810-1871, Wanderings of an artist among the Indians of North America , 1859
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.