A voyage of discovery, into the South Sea and Beering's straits, for the purpose of exploring a North-East passage : undertaken in the years 1815-1818, at the expense of His Highness the Chancellor of the Empire, Count Romanzoff, in the ship Rurick, under the command of the lieutenant in the Russian Imperial Navy, Otto von Kotzebue : illustrated with numerous plates and maps : in three volumes.
- London : Printed for Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, and Brown, Paternoster Row, 1821.
London : Printed by A. and R. Spottiswoode, New-Street-Square, 
- Physical Description:
- 3 volumes : illustrations, maps ; 23 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsG420 .K81 1821Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Translated from the German, by H.E. Lloyd.
Aquatints by J. Clark.
Maps engraved by Sidney Hall.
Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 596
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in contemporary gilt- and blind-tooled navy morocco. Publisher's advertisements at end of volume 1.
- Subject Terms:
- Discoveries in geography.Natural history.Northeast Passage.Northwest Passage.Voyages around the world.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1821.
Engravings -- 1821.
YCBA Collections Search
Kotzebue, Otto von, 1787-1846, A voyage of discovery, into the South Sea and Beering's straits, for the purpose of exploring a North-East passage , 1821