Lisi︠a︡nskiĭ, I︠U︡riĭ, 1773-1837, A voyage round the world, in the years 1803, 4, 5, & 6 , 1814
- A voyage round the world, in the years 1803, 4, 5, & 6 : performed, by order of His Imperial Majesty Alexander the First, Emperor of Russia, in the ship Neva / by Urey Lisiansky.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Puteshestvie vokrug sveta. English
- London : Printed for J. Booth ... and Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, & Brown, by S. Hamilton, 1814.
- Physical Description:
- xxi, , 388 p.,  leaves of plates ( folded) : ill., maps ; 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsG420 .L57 1814+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Chapters 8-12 (p. 138-244) describe the author's visit to Kodiak and Sitka.
Stipple engraved portrait of the author drawn and engraved by Cardine (i.e. João Cardini?). Diagrams engraved by Smith; after Lisiansky. Colored aquatint by John Heaviside Clark; after Lisiansky. Maps engraved under the direction of Aaron Arrowsmith.
Published originally in Russian, St. Petersburg, 1812; English translation by the author.
Eberstadt, no. III-153.
Abbey, J.R. Travel, 4
"A vocabulary of the language of the islands of Cadiack and Oonalaschca, the bay of Kenay, and Sitca Sound."--P. 329-338.
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in half calf with marbled boards. Binder's ticket: F. Westley, Friar St., Showmaker Row. Bookplate: East.
- Subject Terms:
- Alaska -- Description and travel.Alaska -- History -- To 1867.Booth, J. -- Publisher.East -- Bookplate.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1814.Engraving, Colored -- Specimens -- 1814.Hamilton, S. -- Printer.Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, & Brown -- Publisher.Neva (Ship)Stipple engraving -- Specimens -- 1814.Voyages around the world.Westley, F. -- Bookbinder.
- Travel literature.
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1814.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.