Western scenery, or, Land and river, hill and dale, in the Mississippi Valley : superbly lithographed from original sketches / literary department by William Wells.
- Additional Title(s):
Land and river, hill and dale, in the Mississippi Valley
- Cincinnati, O. : Published at the lithographic establishment of Otto Onken, 
- Physical Description:
- 52 pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 30 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsF353 .W45 1851+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Lithographs by A. Forbriger, F. v. Laer, and E. Bott.
The title page is lithographed, with five vignettes.
"The series will consist of twenty-four parts, and each one will contain three lithographic views. They will be published semi-monthly ..."--Advertisement, page .
BEIN: Issued in 6 parts; in original paper wrappers.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original illustrated wrapper. British Art Center copy imperfect: lacks back wrapper.
- Subject Terms:
- Mississippi River Valley -- Pictorial works.Ohio River Valley -- Pictorial works.
- Lithographs -- 1851.
- Plates: [Lithographed title page]
- Cincinnati, taken from Belle Vue on Sycamore Hill
- Louisville, Ky. taken from the public landing
- Lexington, Ky. taken from the Transylvania University
- Mouth of the Licking River, Ky. opposite Cincinnati
- The Ohio state fair, at Camp Washington near Cincinnati
- State Capitol, Columbus Oh.
- Devil's Bake-Oven & Grand Tower, on the Mississippi
- Cathedral, Places d'Armes, New Orleans
- Mechanic's Institute, Cincinnati, Ohio
- New Orleans
- View on the Great Miami, near North Bend
- Pittsburgh, Pa.
- Maysville, Ky.
- Memphis, Ten.
- Galena, Ill. --Burlington, Iowa
- Vicksburgh, Miss.