IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Hooper, William Hulme, 1827-1854, Ten months among the tents of the Tuski , 1853
Ten months among the tents of the Tuski : with incidents of an Arctic boat expedition in search of Sir John Franklin, as far as the Mackenzie River, and Cape Bathurst / by Lieut. W.H. Hooper, R.N.
- London : J. Murray, 1853.
- Physical Description:
- xv, , 417,  p.,  leaves of plates (some fold.) : ill. ; 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsG665.1848 M8Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- An account of the expedition of H.M.S. Plover, under Capt. T.E.L. Moore, 1848-51, and the boat expedition from Wainwright Inlet, Alaska, to Cape Bathurst.
Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 641.
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy.
Illustrations by J[ohn] Brand; after F[rederick] Skill. Printed by M. & N. Hanhart.
Printed by Bradbury & Evans, Whitefriars.
- Subject Terms:
- Arctic regions.Eskimos.Franklin, John, 1786-1847.Hanhart, Michael -- Printer. (BAC,RB)Hanhart, Nicholas -- Printer. (BAC,RB)Moore, Thomas Edward Laws, 1819-1872.Plover (Ship)
- Lithotints -- 1853. (BAC,RB)
Wood engravings -- 1853. (BAC,RB)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.