Voyages and travels in various parts of the world, during the years 1803, 1804, 1805, 1806, and 1807 / by G.H. von Langsdorff ; ... illustrated by engravings from original drawings.
- Additional Title(s):
Bemerkungen auf einer Reise um die Welt in den Jahren 1803 bis 1807. English
- London : Printed for Henry Colburn ... and sold by George Goldie, Edinburgh, and John Cumming, Dublin, 1813-1814.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. (xxi, , 362,  p.,  leaves of plates; , 386,  p.,  leaves of plates (1 folded)) : ill., map, music, ports. ; 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsG420.K94 L36 1813+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Translation of the author's Bemerkungen auf einer reise um die welt, Frankfurt am Mayn, 1812.
Includes notes by J. von Klaproth.
Engravings by Leticia and Elizabeth Byrne, Robert Cooper, James Storer, and John Swaine. The map is engraved by Thomson & Hall.
Printed by B. Clarke, Well-Street, London.
Vol. 2 with subtitle: The voyage to the Aleutian Islands and North-West coast of America, and return by land over the North-East parts of Asia, through Siberia, to Petersburgh.
Chapters I-XII of v. 2 describe Langsdorff's voyage from Kamchatka to Unalaska and along the Northwest coast to California and return, with detailed accounts of the visits to Sitka and San Francisco.
With music (2 plates)
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original blue boards, with printed spine labels. Bookplate: Bath Literary Institution, 1824.
- Subject Terms:
- Bath Literary Institution -- Bookplate, 1824.Clarke, B. -- Printer.Colburn, H. -- Publisher.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1813-1814.Kamchatskai︠a︡ oblastʹ (Russia) -- Description and travel.Langsdorff, G. H. von (Georg Heinrich), 1774-1852 -- Travel.Nadezhda (Ship)Neva (Ship)Northwest Coast of North America -- Description and travel.Polynesia -- Description and travel.Voyages around the world.
- Travel literature.
YCBA Collections Search
Langsdorff, G. H. von (Georg Heinrich), 1774-1852, Voyages and travels in various parts of the world, during the years 1803, 1804, 1805, 1806, and 1807 , 1813-1814
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.