The private journal of Captain G.F. Lyon, of H.M.S. Hecla, during the recent voyage of discovery under Captain Parry : with a map and plates.
- London : John Murray, Albemarle-Street, 1824.
London : Printed by Thomas Davison, Whitefriars
- Physical Description:
- xiii,  468 pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations, folded map ; 23 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsG650 1821 .P25Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Illustrations engraved by Edward Finden; after G.F. Lyon. Map engraved by John Walker.
Printer's statement from verso of half-title.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original brown paper covered boards. In brown cloth slipcase.
"Principally devoted to the narration of the peculiarities of the aborigines of the Arctic regions"--Sabin.
- Subject Terms:
- Arctic regions -- Discovery and exploration.Discoveries in geography.Discovery and explorations -- British.Eskimos.Hecla (Ship)Hecla (Ship)Inuit -- Northwest Territories.Lyon, G. F. (George Francis), 1795-1832 -- Travel -- Arctic regions.Northwest Passage.Parry, William Edward, Sir, 1790-1855.Ship captains -- Great Britain -- Biography.Voyages and travels.
- Engravings -- 1824.
Steel engravings -- 1824.
- Plates: Man and Woman of the Savage Islands
- Oomiak, or woman's boat
- Snow village
- Dancing party
- Eskimaux men of Igloolik
- Eskimaux women of Igloolik
- The last appearance of the sun.