IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
The Tunbridge Wells guide;, 1786
The Tunbridge Wells guide; or, An account of the ancient and present state of that place, to which is added a particular description of the towns and villages, gentlemens seats, remains of antiquity, founderies, &c. &c. within the circumference of sixteen miles.
- Tunbridge Wells, Printed and sold by J. Sprange; 1786.
London, Sold also by Rivingtons, 1786.
- Physical Description:
-  p. front., plates (part fold.) 17 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690 T92 T84 1786View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- BEIR WA 21032: Armorial bookplate: William John Mercer.
BAC : Advertisements:  p. at end.
BAC : Plates drawn by J. Roberts, and Jas. Lambert; engraved by Wm. and J. Walker, H. Ashby, and H. Vaughan.
Engraved t.-p.; title vignette.
"A description of Tunbridge-Wells ... " has special t.-p. dated 1785.
Some plates dated 1782-93.
- Subject Terms:
- Mercer, William John -- Bookplate.Tunbridge Wells (England) -- Guidebooks.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.