Hopper, Thomas, 1776-1856, A letter to Lord Viscount Melbourne,, 1839
- A letter to Lord Viscount Melbourne, on the rebuilding of the Royal Exchange. By Thomas Hopper, architect.
- London, John Weale, Architectural Library, 1839.
- Physical Description:
- 14 p. fold. plan, 3 fold. plates. 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA2350 G6 H6Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC : Plates lithographed by A. Friedel.
BAC : Text printed by G. Woodfall.
BAC : Plates drawn on stone by T.G. Dalton.
Largely a discussion of architectural competitions in general, and of that for the new Post Office, 1820, in particular. The author accuses Sir Robert Smirke of appropriating some elements of his designs for that competition.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Competitions.Post Office, London.Royal Exchange (London, England)Smirke, Robert, Sir, 1781-1867.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.