Ruger, A., The beauties of the Upper Mississippi , [approximately 1870?]
- The beauties of the Upper Mississippi : containing the dells on the St. Croix River, Minnehaha Falls, Lake Itaska, Winona, looking South, Lake Pepin from Barn Bluff, The Falls of St. Anthony, Fort Snelling, Maiden Rock / drawn from nature by A. Ruger.
- Madison, Wisconsin : Published by Ruger & Stoner, [approximately 1870?]
[Chicago] : Chicago Lithographing Co.
- Physical Description:
- 1 volume (8 prints) : lithographs ; 15 x 24 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsF354 .R84 1870Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Eight tinted lithographs depicting scenic views along the Mississippi River.
Title and imprint from lithographed cover title.
At head of title: No. 1.
BAC: British Art Center copy in publisher's original printed wrapper (lower wrapper lacking). Signed in graphite: Frank Loring.
- Subject Terms:
- Loring, Frank -- Autograph.Mississippi River -- Pictorial works.Rivers -- United States -- Pictorial works.
- Lithographs -- 1870.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.