The American traveller: or, observations on the present state, culture and commerce of the British colonies in America, and the further improvements of which they are capable; with an account of the exports, imports and returns of each colony respectively,--and of the numbers of British ships and seamen, merchants, traders and manufacturers employed by all collectively: together with the amount of the revenue arising to Great Britain therefrom. In a series of letters, written originally to the Right Honorable the Earl of ********* by an old and experienced trader.
- London, Printed for E. and C. Dilly [etc.] 1769.
- Physical Description:
- 4 p. l., 122 p. front., fold. map. 30 x 24 cm.
- Unable to reach service. Holdings currently not available
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BEIN CE162 +C58: Another copy (27 x 22 cm.)
Dedication signed, The American traveller. In another issue, the dedication is signed in ms.: Alexr. Clunie.
Map has title: A map of North & South America, with part of Europe, Asia & Africa. By the American traveller. T. Jefferys sculpt. 70 x 52 cm.
BAC: British Art Center copy: Original wrappers; untrimmed. Frontispiece, folding map. Presentation copy to Robert Clive, governor of Bengal. Spine height: 11 9/16 inches. In 1/4 blue cloth and blue paper boards box-case, ht: 12 1/2 inches (black leather label: CLUNIE - THE AMERICAN TRAVELLER - 1769).
- Subject Terms:
- Canada -- Description and travel.Great Britain -- Colonies -- America.Great Britain -- Colonies -- Commerce.Hudson's Bay Company.United States -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.United States -- Description and travel.
YCBA Collections Search
Clúny, Alexander, The American traveller: or, observations on the present state, culture and commerce of the British colonies in America, and the further improvements of which they are capable;, 1769
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.