Narrative of the Canadian Red River exploring expedition of 1857 : and of the Assinniboine and Saskatchewan exploring expedition of 1858 / by Henry Youle Hind, M.A. F.R.G.S., Professor chemistry and geology in the University of Trinity College, Toronto, in charge of the Assinniboine and Saskatchewan expedition ; in two volumes.
- Additional Title(s):
Canadian Red River and Assinniboine and Saskatchewan expeditions
- London : Longman, Green, Longman and Roberts, 1860.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : ill., maps, plans ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsF1060.8 .H66 1860Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- The account of the explorations of 1857 is an expanded version of his report in Canada. Provincial Secretary's Office. Report on the exploration of the country between Lake Superior and the Red River ... 1858. The narrative of the expedition of 1858 appeared first in his Reports of progress ... 1859.
Half-title: Canadian Red River and Assinniboine and Saskatchewan expeditions.
Maps engraved by Edwd. Weller, Red Lion Square.
Wood engravings in v. 1 have two or three added tints; in v. 2, one added tint. Plates printed by Spottiswoode and Co.
Sabin, J. Dictionary of books relating to America from its discovery to the present time, 31934
Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 630
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in blue polished calf, with tooled spine and marbled edges; marbled end-papers. ed.
- Subject Terms:
- Assiniboine River (Sask. and Man.)Assinniboine & Saskatchewan Exploring Expedition.Canada -- Exploring expeditions.Geology -- Northwest, Canadian.Indians of North America -- Canada.Longman, Green, Longman and Roberts -- Publisher.Manitoba -- Description and travel.Northwest, Canadian -- Description and travel.Saskatchewan River (Sask. and Man.)Spottiswoode & Co. -- Printer.
- Wood engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1860.
Engravings -- 1860.
YCBA Collections Search
Hind, Henry Youle, 1823-1908, Narrative of the Canadian Red River exploring expedition of 1857 , 1860
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.