Hunter, William S., 1823-1894, Hunter's Ottawa scenery in the vicinity of Ottawa City, Canada, 1855
Hunter's Ottawa scenery in the vicinity of Ottawa City, Canada.
- Additional Title(s):
Ottawa scenery in the vicinity of Ottawa City, Canada
- Ottawa City : Published by Wm. S Hunter Jr., Ottawa City, Canada West, 1855.
- Physical Description:
- 19,  pages,  leaves of plates ( folded) : illlustrations, map ; 35 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsF1054.O9 .H86 1855+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Lithographs by John Perry Newell and John Henry Bufford; after William S. Hunter.
Title page is lithographed, with vignette.
Text printed in two columns.
Last page blank.
Abbey, J.R. Travel, 628
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in publisher's original blind-stamped purple cloth. Title stamped in gilt on cover.
- Subject Terms:
- Ottawa (Ont.) -- Description and travel.Ottawa River (Québec and Ont.)Ottawa River Valley (Québec and Ont.) -- Description and travel.Railroads -- Canada -- Maps.
- Lithographs -- 1855.
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1855.
- Map of rail road routes to the city of Ottawa C.W.
- Birds eye view of Chaudiere Falls
- Rideau Falls-Falling into the Ottawa River
- View of lock entrance of Rideau Canal -Ottawa City Canada
- View from Barrack Hill-Looking down the Ottawa
- View from Barrack Hill. Ottawa river Canada
- Junction of the Gatineau with the Ottawa river, Canada
- The approach to Suspension Bridge. Ottawa City Canada
- Suspension Bridge over the Chaudiere Falls from Harris's Mill, Victoria Island
- The Big Kettle-Chaudiere Falls. Ottawa river Canada
- A portion of Chaudiere Falls, from the North
- The Chasm, Chaudiere Falls. Ottawa River Canada
- View from the interior of Chasm Chaudiere Falls. Ottawa river, Canada
- Timber Slide on Hull side-Ottawa City, Canada
- Natural curiosity. Ottawa River Canada. Two miles above Chaudiere Falls, on the Hull side.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.