Kirby, John Joshua, 1716-1774, Dr. Brook Taylor's method of perspective made easy,, 1754
- Dr. Brook Taylor's method of perspective made easy, both in theory and practice ... Being an attempt to make the art of perspective easy and familiar; to adapt it intirely to the arts of design; and to make it an entertaining study to any gentleman who shall chuse so polite an amusement. By Joshua Kirby, painter ...
- Ipswich, Printed by W. Craighton, for the author, 1754.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. in 1. front., 50 plates. 27 cm. (in case 29 cm.)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC749 K55+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- BAC : Imperfect: plate XVIII, book 2, wanting.
BAC : According to a bookseller, the ms. notes are by Thomas Malton.
BAC : Frontispiece engraved by L. Sullivan, after W. Hogarth; one plate engraved by J.S. Müller, after J.K.; another plate engraved by E. Rooker.
Book 2 has title: The practice of perspective: being the second book of Dr. Brook Taylor's perspective made easy, & c. ...
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- Subject Terms:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.