Rehberg, Friedrich, 1758-1835, Drawings faithfully copied from nature at Naples , MDCCXCIV 
- Drawings faithfully copied from nature at Naples : and with permission dedicated to the Right Honourable Sir William Hamilton, His Britannic Majesty's Envoy Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary at the court of Naples / by his most humble servant Frederick Rehberg, historical painter in His Prussian Majesty's service at Rome ... engrav'd by Thomas Piroli.
- [Rome?] MDCCXCIV 
- Physical Description:
- , XII leaves of plates : ill. ; 43 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A P 1 Copy 1Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A P 1 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Set of 12 engravings depicting Lady Emma Hamilton performing tableaux in Greek costume.
Possibly the 1st ed. The exhibition catalogue Lady Hamilton in relation to the art of her time ([London] 1972) argues priority for an undated issue with the imprint: Rome, Niccola de Antonj.
This edition has no long ess in the word permission, and there is a period after Hamilton.
Lady Hamilton in relation to the art of her time, 44
Griffiths, A. German printmaking in the age of Goethe, 81
Holmström, K. Monodrama, attitudes, tableaux vivants, p. 119
BAC: British Art Center has two copies. Copy 1 has an unidentified bookplate, a ms index in German, and is on paper watermarked Van der Ley. Copy 2, which is 35 cm., is printed on parchment. Plates are bound out of order. Armorial bookplate: Hugh Lee Pattinson.
- Subject Terms:
- Etching -- Specimens -- 1794.Hamilton, Emma, Lady, 1761?-1815.Pattinson, Hugh Lee -- Bookplate.Tableaux.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.