John Tallis & Company, ... The great exhibition of the world's industry,, 
- ... The great exhibition of the world's industry, held in London in 1851: described and illustrated by beautiful steel engravings, from daguerreotypes by Beard, Mayall, etc., etc., etc.
- London, John Tallis and Company 
New York, John Tallis and Company 
- Physical Description:
- v. in . plates (part fold.) 20 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsT690 B1 J6Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC : Imperfect: 2 fold. plates torn; t.-p. and preliminary matter for v. 2 wanting.
BAC : Priced on spine at 1$62 1/2C.--A binding intended for the American market?
BAC : Plates by T. Sherrat, J. Moore, H. Bibby, Hollis, H. Ball, J. Watkins, J.D. Pound, D. Pound, C. Holl, and G. Greatbach; after Tomlinson, and after photographs by J. Beard, Mayall, and R. Beard.
Ascribed to William Gaspey, in the British Museum Catalogue.
At head of title: Respectfully dedicated to H.R.H. Prince Albert, K.G., etc., etc.
Published in 3v., , according to the English Catalogue of Books, and the Victoria and Albert Museum, London. National Art Library Catalogue. The British Museum Catalogue, which assigns it to William Gaspey, gives the collation 4v., and the dates of publication [1852?-1861?].
- Subject Terms:
- Great Exhibition (1851 : London, England)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.