The sketcher's manual; or, The whole art of picture making reduced to the simplest principles. By which amateurs may instruct themselves without the aid of a master. By Frank Howard ...
- London, Darton and Clark, 1837 [i.e., 1841]
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 79,  p. ill., 28 plates. 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC795 H7 1841Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BAC : Plate 27 bound as frontispiece.
BAC : Printed by J. Green and Co., and H.W. Martin and Co.
"Preface" dated 1841.
- Subject Terms:
- Composition (Art)Landscape drawing.Landscape painting.
YCBA Collections Search
Howard, Frank, 1805-1866, The sketcher's manual;, 1837 [i.e., 1841]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.