Sculptura-historico-technica: or, The history and art of ingraving ... Extracted from Baldinucci, Florent le Comte, Faithorne, the Abcedario pittorico, and other authors.
- London, S. Harding, 1747.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 225 p. 10 plates. 17 x 11 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNE1760 S4Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC : "Books printed for S. Harding",  p. at end.
BAC : Binding error: pl. 5 misbound facing p. 188, pl. 6 facing p. 183.
BAC : Paging error: no. -112 repeated in numbering.
The second edition of a work first published with title: Repertorium sculptile-typicum.
- Subject Terms:
- Engraving -- Early works to 1800.Engraving.
- The rise and progress of ingraving.--Of ingraving in general.--An idea of a fine collection of prints.--The Repertorium; or, Collection of the various marks and cyphers, by which the prints of the best ingravers, &c. are distinguished. With large additions.--Of ingraving, etching, and scraping on copper, as now practised, with cuts to illustrate it.