The Art of painting in water colours: exemplified in landscapes, flowers, &c. Together with instructions for painting on glass and in crayons: explained in a full and familiar manner. With particular directions for preparing the colours, agreeably to the practice of the most eminent masters. By the author of The Artist's assistant.
- The 10th ed., corrected and greatly improved, with additions.
- London, Printed for and sold by Robert Laurie and James Whittle, 1797.
- Physical Description:
- 2 p.., 68 p. 20 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND2420 B68 1797Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Authorship of The Artist's assistant is ascribed to Carington Bowles in Brit. Mus. Cat.
- Subject Terms:
- Watercolor painting -- Technique.
YCBA Collections Search
Bowles, Carington, 1724-1793, The Art of painting in water colours, 1797
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.